Thursday, July 14, 2016

5 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR SKIN GLOW THIS SUMMER.. LIKE FOREAL | FEAT. DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB

About a week ago I realized that my skin was having a full on war against me involving massive pimples and dry patches like you can't believe. So when Dollar Shave Club asked me to give some tips on how to maintain great skin throughout all the seasons I was a little surprised but also very intrigued. My skin is finally getting better and I know you guys probably have some of the same issues so I thought why not give away a few of my secrets. These are not going to change your skin overnight in some magical way, and I am in no ways a professional skin care expert, but I am a real person that suffers from real breakouts and am tired of reading all these b.s. articles on how to get beautiful skin with no results to show for. These are just a few things I have tried that help me during the summer time. Its really important to switch up your beauty routine each season because weather can actually really affect your skin.

1 Put the Cake down
Enough with the cake. Cakey faces were never cute but especially in summer, it is a huge mistake. You are bound to sweat and with all that foundation it just clogs your pores and makes you break out which then makes you apply more on the next day and creates a never-ending cycle. I like to use BB Cream because its so much lighter and has sunscreen in it already. My favorite is by Bobbi Brown and when I don't want any coverage I use a primer by Maybelline which evens out my skin without any pigmentation and has sunscreen as well. Dollar Shave Club has amazing products as well that has sunscreen in it if anyone is looking to try some new products out I would recommend it.


2 Channel your inner Jim Carey once a week
The Mask was a pretty decent movie if you ask me and it gives a very important message to all of us. The message is all about getting a bomb face mask. I am almost positive that is what Jim Carey wanted us to do and he is completely right. A good face mask goes a long way. I personally love any clay mask and if you get a chance, find a store with korean beauty products because they have the best ones.

3 Its all about the Butta
Obviously we know about sun protection and all that but I feel like sometimes we forget to put on lotion since sunscreen makes your look all moisturized. I pretty much have only been using cocoa butter lately because it makes you smell amazing plus it leaves your skin super soft.

4 Highlight!
If your skin is still looking pretty dull a good highlighter honestly never fails. Some may say its a trend and by fall no one will use highlighters anymore but personally I think this is essentially no matter the year. But if you are worried it may go out of style, definitely use it now it looks amazing in the summer time like its a natural glow.

5 Pucker don't pout
Do not forget to protect your lips from the sun as well. No one ever thinks about that but its actually very important and can prevent discoloration. Try to use a lip balm with spf and find a good exfoliator to keep them super soft. Check out Dollar Shave Club for some lip balm with spf here. Its pretty hard to find affordable ones but they have some for only 4$ so definitely check it out.

These are what I swear by for summer time and its been working in my favor so far. I hope you guys like this kind of post, I know I never do anything beauty related but I thought I would try it out. Let me know what you think and don't forget to check out my instagram for more updates. Love you all so much. xo

P.S. For amazing summer products click here ☼

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts...

FOLLOWERS.