Wednesday, August 17, 2016

WHY MEAN GIRLS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT


Before any of you head to the comments to attack me, please just hear me out. I mean I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I haven't watched it 10 times, because lets face it I have.
I love this movie as much as the next girl but I feel like there are some unmistakably wrong ideas that are blatantly forced into our heads, especially as girls. The whole movie is supposed to show that popularity does not matter and to explain how easy it is to get someone to gain 10 pounds. But people still cant seem to grasp this concept. I mean no one even cares about Cady, lets be real here, everyone still talks about Regina George because even thought she was a major bitch and clearly designated the role of protagonist, we all still loved her. We all love the hot popular girl. No matter what happens or what she says or does the love and popularity seems to never die down for the Regina Georges of the world. Right?

Not really.

I think in high school a little part of of us all wants to be that girl. We all secretly want to be the girl that all the guys want. We all want to be the girl that other girls envy. Its like human nature or something. But the truth is that Regina George (whoever she is to you) is the same sad divorce that you see carrying around her 2009 coach bag inside of Target asking to speak to a manager whenever the Rose is out of stock. She is that woman.

So if you are worried that you have no friends, or that no guys like you, or whatever other dumb b.s. we think is important, please dear god just stop. You have hope. WE have hope. I promise you. You will be put on your pedestal one day and trust me, its going to the stand way higher than any Regina George.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts...

FOLLOWERS.